What Is Dabbing & How Do You Do It?
Dabs are all the rage right now. Thanks to their ridiculous potency, a single dab can contain the same amount of THC as 4 or 5 puffs of high-quality flower. But lately we’ve been getting many questions about dabs at our Tulsa medical marijuana dispensary. If you’re new to concentrates, it can be tough to know where to start with dabs and dabbing. That’s why we’ve put together this handy guide to help you get started with dabs.
What Are Dabs?
Cannabis concentrates have become synonymous with dabs. A ‘dab’ is a tiny amount of concentrate that is vaped or smoked. Dabs can sometimes refer to the concentrate itself, and sometimes to the act of vaping or smoking that concentrate. They’re super potent and super tasty.
Looking to try some for yourself? Here are 3 ways for you to enjoy dabs.
Using a Dab Rig
Dab rigs are glass water pipes that have been specifically designed for the purpose of doing dabs. Dabbing out of a dab rig involves heating up the nail using a handheld torch. The heated banger will quickly convert the dab into vapor, which can then be inhaled through the top of the rig.
But before you get down to dabbing with a dab rig, there are some pieces of equipment that you’ll need. To use a rig you’re gonna need:
- A nail/banger on which to place your concentrate
- A dab tool to scoop and transfer your concentrate
- A torch lighter to heat up your nail/banger
- A card cap to cover your hit and prevent vapor from escaping
- A silicon mat to keep your table clean of sticky concentrate
Ready to get started? Here’s our step-by-step guide to doing a dab out of a dab rig:
- Grab your torch lighter and use it to heat up your nail/banger for about 30–45 seconds
- Let the nail cool down for a bit. A titanium nail can be left to cool for as little as 10 seconds, while a glass nail might require as long as 45 seconds. Placing your concentrate on your heated nail too soon can result in burning it or in producing a very hot and unpleasant dab.
- Using your dab tool, place a dab directly onto the nail.
- Inhale slowly while using the carb cap to cover the nail and manage airflow.
- Exhale your dab.
Using E-Nails/Electronic Dab Rigs
Don’t feel like dealing with a torch? Electronic dab rigs, also known as e-nails, heat up on their own without the need for a torch. E-nails also allow you to set an exact temperature for your nail, taking much of the guesswork out of it, and giving you more consistent control over how hot or cool your dabs are. While they are certainly more expensive than a traditional dab rig, they are also more convenient to use.
Dabbing With a Dab Pen/Wax Pen
Doing dabs is definitely more work than just ripping a bong or lighting a pipe. Thankfully, you can take much of the work out of doing dabs by using a wax pen/dab pen instead of a rig.
Wax pens are pen-shaped vaporizers that have a little chamber for your dabs. They heat up instantly (as long as they’re charged) and can reduce the whole dabbing process to just a few seconds. Just be aware that they typically don’t produce the same vapor quality as a dab rig would.
Dabs From Our Tulsa Medical Marijuana Dispensary
Looking for a Tulsa medical marijuana dispensary with a great selection of cannabis concentrates? Swing by any of our 3 Tulsa locations today and check out our impressive selection of cannabis concentrates including shatter, badder, budder, sugar, crumble, and more: